It’s November, and we’re thinking about gifts to let the RVers in our lives know how special they are to us. Regarding gift-giving, RVers are the poster children for the hard-to-buy ones!
We’re not alone in this challenge: A study on gift-giving shows that recipients place the most value on gifts they’ve personally requested, gifts of experiences, or practical gifts that reflect what’s important to them.
RVers are diverse in their interests, types of vehicles, and preferences. If there’s one common denominator across the travel trailer, destination trailer, fifth-wheelers, pop-up trailers, Class A, B, or C motorhome communities, it’s “limited space”. There’s also a growing awareness of the problem of wanting to travel and, at the same time, ensuring that our actions don’t have a negative environmental impact on the world we want to explore.
With this in mind, here’s a list of gift suggestions you may want to check twice, guaranteed to make your special RVer remember you with a smile all year long:
For the traveller:
For the seasonal site RVer:
- LED solar lanterns or string lights
- Packages of native seeds to plant in containers or inground if permitted at the seasonal site
Sure to be appreciated by any RVer:
- Faraday bags to protect vehicle keys and mobile phones
- Reusable dehumidifier bags
- Emergency weather radio
- An indispensable guidebook RV Hacks: 400 Ways to Make Life on the Road Easier, Safer, and More Fun
- Emergency first aid kit
- Slipper socks with RV or camping motifs for him or for her
- Wallet-sized multi tool kit
- Over the cabinet/door storage hooks
- Toilet treatment drop-in pucks
- Rolls of loonies, toonies, and quarters for laundry machines and toll booths
- For laundry day: a drawstring nylon laundry bag, mesh laundry bags for “smalls”, a package of laundry detergent strips, and an over-the-door folding laundry drying rack
Gifts of community and connection, peace of mind, new adventures, and convenience.
Membership in the Explorer RV Club and Emergency Roadside Assistance.
A combined gift of membership to the Explorer RV Club and a subscription for emergency roadside assistance is a guaranteed winning choice!
The purpose of the Explorer RV Club is to make “RVentures” – no matter where they take you – a more rewarding experience. Benefits include:
- RV dealer and campground discounts
- Fuel savings with Petro-Canada
- Discounted RV insurance from Orbit Insurance
- Discounts for emergency road service
- A free one-year subscription to Snowbirds & RV Travelers magazine
- And so much more!
Members of the Explorer RV Club can purchase an annual membership at a discounted rate for emergency road assistance geared to RVers.
Off the Beaten Path
For the RVer who likes to travel on unknown RV routes, take time to meet the locals and marvel at the taste of a new delight or the sight of a breathtaking landscape, a gift membership to Terego, a Canadian-owned mother and daughter business is a must. Annual and 3-day passes are available to experience the farms, wineries, and breweries of nearly 400 hosts across Canada. Members of the Explorer RV Club save 10% on annual subscriptions to Terego.
Canada’s National Parks
If your RVer’s travel plans include visiting any of Canada’s national parks, a gift of an annual Discovery Pass is an excellent choice! Providing unlimited admission to over 80 Parks Canada destinations, the Discovery Pass allows for faster entry, and pays for itself in as little as seven days compared to daily admission fees.
Gifts of convenience
And as always, gift cards for fuel purchases or for stops at Tim Hortons or Starbucks would also be very much welcomed by your special RVer!